The HICD Program Join the Healthcare Informatics Career Development Program
The developer of the most innovative clinical workflow engine, Extension Healthcare is a fast-growing company looking to expand its highly-talented implementation and support team.
Proudly, 93% of our customers (above industry average), choose to stay with Extension Healthcare and utilize the Assurance program. Due to this and our continued customer-acquisition we are seeking bright and motivated individuals to join the Extension Healthcare Informatics Career Development Program. The program offers a great opportunity for those seeking a career in Healthcare IT to propel themselves into full-time profession with long-term advancement opportunities as either an implementation engineer or clinical applications support engineer.
Designed for quick learners, program participants will learn about, install, train and support customers to use Extension Healthcare’s hospital event driven care team communication solution within a 6 month time frame. Our solutions are sold nationally so implementation engineers will have the chance to travel and experience new and exciting places. Extension Healthcare is currently seeking recent college graduates for full-time professional positions to fill for our January 2016 and June 2016 training classes. Candidates must be based in and train at our training center in Fort Wayne, Indiana for 6 months during the Healthcare Informatics Career Development Program. Once training is complete, our implementation engineers may move to any US city near a major airport and our support engineers are based in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
- 6 month advance training program – upon completion, you will receive a certificate as an Extension Healthcare Certified Implementation Engineer and possess an in depth knowledge of clinical workflow and HIT
- A competitive salary, plus all benefits and expenses
- 15 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) annualized during training program
- Increased compensation once training is completed
- Opportunity for increased compensation based on achievement
- A curriculum that is based on incentive with greater reward for those who learn the software and processes quickly
- Peace-of-mind knowing that your career helps save lives…and much more!
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Business Technology Management or related field
- All candidates must be based in and be able to train in our training center in Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Our software is abstract so high intelligence is a must
- Basic pre-testing and transcripts will be required
- Possess excellent customer service and communication skills
- Must be self-motivated to continuously learn
- Be knowledgeable about smartphone technology and comfortable working in a hospital environment
- Possess a strong work ethic
- Implementation Engineers must be able to travel up to 75% and fly often (up to 3-4 days per week)
- Exhibit ethical behavior – our people work in hospitals every day and our technology saves lives. We need proud and ethical people to help us grow our business!