Interoperability Partner Program
The Extension Healthcare Interoperability Partner Program (IPP) is a process designed to standardize integration of the Extension Engage platform with other vendor systems and devices, which include:
- A device or system that produces an alarm, event, or contextual data as an input such as nurse call, medical device, EHR/EMR (includes bi-directional operation workflows), and RTLS vendors.
- In the case of medical devices, Extension performs rigorous testing and validation as part of our process for FDA 510k clearance.
- A communications device or system that receives an alarm or event including phones, handsets, badges, clinician-focused client software, and displays/electronic whiteboards.
- A system that integrates data via Extension Data Export for the purposes of reporting and analysis. These partners leverage the detailed alarm and event response data generated by the Engage platform.
The key objective of Extension Healthcare’s Interoperability Partner Program (IPP) is to establish a best practice process that provides customers with seamlessly interoperability with each and every vendor to extend the capabilities of the Engage platform. Extension works with vendors to define standard protocols for creating the technical data exchange ensuring combined solutions are commercially feasible.
- Partners are provided a transparent, market-driven process for technical interoperability and commercial coordination.
- An efficient process between vendors for initial feasibility gives early adopter customers the confidence they need.
- Integration dependencies and technical details are captured and maintained to ensure seamless and predictable customer deployments.