Unified and Enterprise CC&C Solutions
Extension Engage™ is a scalable, adaptable middleware platform upon which contextual clinical alarms and other time-sensitive event-based notifications are delivered to the most appropriate and available clinician. A unified solution, Engage also provides a means for patient-centric texting – in response to clinical events – for nurses and other staff inside the hospital and providers outside the hospital. Engage is a single source for alarm management and care team communication, which eliminates the burden of having your hospital integrate and manage separate alerting and communication systems from multiple vendors. Engage is the most unique and innovative clinical communication and collaboration solution (CC&C) available to hospitals.
A Highly Configurable Platform
Although Engage can integrate with a virtually limitless number of individual interfaces, what’s remarkable is its simplified architecture and ability to immediately interface with healthcare industry standard data formats such as HL7, SMTP, TAP, XMPP, and web services (SOAP/REST). The simple and clean framework makes Extension Engage an incredibly efficient workflow tool.
Furthermore, Extension understands that no two healthcare facilities are alike. With that in mind, Engage is highly configurable to fit any organizational or departmental workflow needs.
- Unified platform for alarm management, messaging, and voice applications
- Utilizes common protocols and data formats such as HL7, SMTP, TAP, SOAP and XMPP to integrate systems
- New interfaces can be uploaded, configured, and put to use while the system is live
- Interfaces with VOIP phones, smartphones, and communication badges
- Supports dynamic, real-time, IDN-scale care team and patient directory and BYOD
- Web browser user interface
- Define data structures based upon solution requirements using simple web-based tools
- Uses multi-variable rules to identify changes in aggregated data (i.e. actionable events) and to trigger notifications to caregiver’s mobile device
- Runs on a self-contained Linux appliance
- User configurable multi-variable rules, alerts, and display workflows without writing source code
- Secure solution logs all message data for accountability
- Reporting and auditing capabilities
- Periodic system “Health Checks” ensure Engage is operating optimally and as expected
- Extension Assurance (support & maintenance) available
- FDA 510(k) clearance covers both Engage Platform and Engage Mobile for integrating with regulated medical devices