Event-Driven Care Team Communication Solutions
Extension Engage™ is used by more than 230 hospitals in the U.S. to manage patient event alarm and alert notifications and to ease care team communication in response to patient events.
The Extension Engage alarm management and event response solution helps nurses and other caregivers prioritize patient needs and better collaborate with care team members.
Why Engage Is Unmatched
- Multi-Variable Rules & Context: Engage prioritizes patient event notifications using multi-variable rules and delivers contextual notifications (i.e. context gathered from ADT, EHR, and other clinical systems) to appropriate and available caregivers via their smartphone or wireless mobile device. More on Multi-Variable Rules
- Integration with Presence and Location Technologies: Integrated with location technologies (RFID/RTLS), Engage helps caregivers easily identify which staff resources are/not available based on their whereabouts. Further, utilizing Presence technologies, Engage tags (automatically or manually) staff as “Available”, “Unavailable”, etc.” which reduces time spent looking for resources that are unreachable. More on Presence
- Event-Driven & Patient-Centric Text Messaging: Using the Engage Mobile event-driven and patient-centric texting solution, caregivers can initiate secure text messages to individuals or groups assigned to the patient in response to events. More on Event-Driven Messaging
Prioritized and Filtered Events
Below are examples of patient events Engage prioritizes and relays to appropriate and available and caregivers:
- Patient monitoring alarms
- Telemetry alarms
- Bed exit alarms
- Ventilator alarms
- Code alarms
- Nurse call alerts
- Critical lab notifications
- Order notifications
- Report notifications
- Rapid response team notifications
- Patient access notification
- Patient elopement notifications
- PRN medication effectiveness reminders
- And many more
Another unique feature of Engage is its ability to gauge criticality and pause the delivery of non-actionable events. Using multi-variable rules, Engage filters events that do not require immediate action, which frees clinicians of unnecessary interruptions. If and when events escalate to “actionable” Engage immediately notifies the responsible person(s).
The Engage alarm management and care team communication app with integrated real-time waveforms helps facilitate clinical collaboration in response to patient events
To better understand the Engage solution we suggest you read and watch the following.