Event-Driven and Patient-Centric Messaging
You might be surprised to know that there are more than 130 “secure text messaging solutions for healthcare” on the market today. Extension takes a unique approach to messaging. Extension Engage Mobile is an “event-driven and patient-centric” text messaging solution. What does this mean and why is it important?
First, you must understand a few things:
- Engage Mobile is the mobile app companion to the Extension Engage event-driven care team communication platform.
- The platform helps to manage patient alarms and alerts. Engage Mobile facilitates secure texting in response to these events.
- Studies reveal that most care team communication occurs in response to patient events (e.g. patient monitoring alarms, critical lab alerts, nurse call events, etc.). Our texting solution is designed with this in mind.
- Industry analysts report that texting is one of the most important features of a CC&C platform and that many secure-messaging-only-vendors cannot scale to offer a true collaboration solution (i.e. with alarm and alert integration). For those vendors, they will likely vanish before the end of this decade.
- The event-driven, patient-centric approach is enabled when the secure messaging app supports a direct link to the patient ID and can internally link conversations to a patient. If a user can select an event (already associated with a patient) and start a text conversation about that patient without having to manually type the patient’s name or recreate the event, then the app is considered to be patient-centric. Another method to enable this capability is when the app can link patient demographic data and other patient context to a patient alarm or event. This is, in fact, how Engage Mobile works.
Every hospital has different priorities. Below, click the deployment model that is best aligned with your priorities and get started today!