For Nurses Alarms, Alerts, and Patient-Centric Texting in One App
A Day in the Life of Nurse Lisa
Watch this 4-minute video to see how Nurse Lisa in the step-down unit uses Engage™ Mobile to manage clinical alarms and alerts, and to communicate with patients and caregivers. A unified clinical communication and collaboration application, Engage Mobile delivers contextual, actionable alarm and alert notifications to the nurse’s mobile phone and enables the nurse to quickly communicate with other care team members via event-driven and patient-centric texting.
Proven Results With University of Maryland Medical Center
Learn how University of Maryland Hospital for Children’s award-winning care delivery was achieved along with dramatic improvements in National Resuscitation compliance in collaboration with Extension Engage™.
Reduced Falls at Acute Care Hospital With Extension
Learn how one 240-bed, acute care hospital collaborated with Extension Healthcare to decrease patient falls by delivering bed exit alarms to nurses on mobile phones. After implementing Engage Mobile, the hospital achieved a 40% reduction in patient falls over the first two years with an ROI of $1.06 million.This represents a decrease in patient falls from 3.27 per 1,000, to 1.97 per 1,000 in one year.
It’s Not Just About the Alarms; Reducing Failure to Rescue
Watch this presentation by Christina Taylor, RN, MSN, CCRN, and Nurse Manager, and Kristina Foard, RN, MSNEd, SCRN, and Nurse Practice Specialist from Wake Forest Baptist discuss how Extension Engage™ has helped them manage clinical alarms.
An Unmatched Clinical Solutions Team
With the largest Clinical Solutions Team (CST) in the clinical communication and collaboration space, Extension Healthcare’s clinical professionals represent 10% of our staff. These customer advocates work with the engineering and product management teams to drive product development, and are involved at every step of the delivery process to ensure services are aligned with customer needs and expectations.
Bob, BSN, RN, Clinical Solutions Specialist
Megan, BSN, RN, Clinical Solutions Specialist
Jason, BSN, RN, Clinical Informatics Specialist
Scott, BA, RRT, Clinical Solutions Specialist
Jeff, RN, BSN, Clinical Informatics Specialist
Holly, RN, Clinical Solutions Specialist
Kim, MSN, RN, Senior Clinical Product Manager
Mary, PhD, RN, MHA, Chief Nursing Officer
Duane, BSN, RN, Clinical Solutions Specialist
Curt, RN, Clinical Informatics Specialist
Keith, RN, Clinical Informatics Specialist
Betty, RN, Clinical Informatics Specialist
Vanessa, RN, Project Manager
Benjamin, MD, FCCP, Chief Medical Information Officer
Karen, MSN, RN, Senior Clinical Informatics Specialist
Michelle, MSN, RN, CPHIMS Director of Clinical Services
Meet Mary Jahrsdoerfer, PhD, RN, BSN, MHA, Chief Nursing Officer at Extension Healthcare
Experience the Extension Difference
Extension Engage is the most comprehensive clinical communication and collaboration solution available to nurses today. The Engage platform unifies alarms, alerts, and text messages, and manages these events to prevent the alarm overload often associated with interruption fatigue.
For the nurse user, several key features differentiate Engage from other offerings:
- Unified alarms, alerts, and text messages: a single mobile app helps nurses prioritize and manage multiple events simultaneously, and the multi-variable, rules-based platform facilitates workflow customization to prevent alarm overload and reduce interruption fatigue
- Reduce noise: eliminate overhead pagers with the only device-inclusive platform that facilitates bidirectional communication between physician-owned smartphones and hospital-owned wifi devices
- Largest care team and patient directory on the market: dynamic care team roster can handle up to 100,000 users, is searchable by caregiver and/or patient, and enables collaboration between caregivers across multiple specialities on the same network
- Advanced clinical integration: leveraging expanded directory, EHR, patient monitor, and nurse call data as well as data from other clinical systems provides nurses with text message and alert context, automatically displays the available care team members assigned to a patient, and ensures patients and their conditions are correctly identified
- Improve user adoption: eliminate the “app belt” that compels nurses to toggle between multiple apps to retrieve information, and to communicate the right data to the right care team members
- Uninterrupted patient care: integrated with RTLS technology, Engage leverages automatic presence to suppress an alarm when a nurse enters a patient’s room or other “no interruption zone”, and can escalate an alarm to the next available care team member if the primary nurse is at a patient’s bedside
- Largest Clinical Solutions Team in the industry: staff nurses work with the engineering and product management teams to drive product development, and are involved at every step of the delivery process to ensure services are aligned with customer needs and expectations