For Executives Real Results and ROI
Reduced Falls at Acute Care Hospital With Extension
Learn how one 240-bed, acute care hospital collaborated with Extension Healthcare to decrease patient falls by delivering bed exit alarms to nurses on mobile phones. After implementing Engage™ Mobile, the hospital achieved a 40% reduction in patient falls over the first two years with an ROI of $1.06 million.This represents a decrease in patient falls from 3.27 per 1,000, to 1.97 per 1,000 in one year.
Download the case study
Proven Results With University of Maryland Medical Center
Learn how University of Maryland Hospital for Children’s award-winning care delivery was achieved along with dramatic improvements in National Resuscitation compliance in collaboration with Extension Engage™.
Improving HCAHPS scores and patient satisfaction
With hospital reimbursements now tied to specific quantifiable measures, the need to invest in solutions that meet these patient safety guidelines is essential to covering all the care delivery bases. Extension customers record significant reductions in patient falls, and improvements in HCAHPS scores measuring patient satisfaction and quietness by reducing the need for noisy overhead paging systems, which are often cited as a nuisance and a barrier to recovery.
The Bigger Picture
Executive leadership and support for a comprehensive clinical communication and collaboration strategy are essential to its success. As a managing director, it’s also important that you commission your alarm steering committee to look at the bigger picture of unifying alarms, alerts, and text messages.
Download the Brochure
Experience the Extension Difference
The members of a hospital’s C-Suite are tasked with challenges that are wider in scope because they require solutions that satisfy and appropriately balance the goals and desires of all stakeholders – patients, nurses, physicians, IT – as they also manage various enterprise rules, regulatory compliance measures, and other process improvement guidelines designed to facilitate better patient outcomes and clinical efficiencies.
Several factors differentiate Extension Engage from other offerings:
- Advanced clinical integration: platform easily accommodates a dozen clinical systems including patient monitors, nurse call, ventilators, EHR, smart beds, and more, using standard data formats like HL7, TAP, SMTP, and web services such as SOAP and REST
- Regulatory compliance: the only HIPAA-compliant, FDA 510k-cleared solution designed to unify alarms, alerts, and texts under a single platform
- Consolidate multiple staff assignment programs: integrate a hospital’s existing staff assignment programs into a single platform to facilitate communication and the delivery of alarms and alerts
- Largest care team and patient directory on the market: dynamic care team roster can handle up to 100,000 users, is searchable by caregiver and/or patient, and enables collaboration between caregivers across multiple specialities on the same network
- Reduce noise: eliminate overhead pagers with the only device-inclusive platform that facilitates bidirectional communication between physician-owned smartphones and hospital-owned wifi devices
- Improve user adoption: eliminate the “app belt” that compels nurses to toggle between multiple apps to retrieve information, and to communicate the right data to the right care team members
- Largest Clinical Solutions Team in the industry: staff nurses work with the engineering and product management teams to drive product development, and are involved at every step of the delivery process to ensure services are aligned with customer needs and expectations