For IT Middleware Made for Healthcare
Extension Engage™ at NYU Langone Medical Center
Watch this 30-minute presentation by NYU Langone Medical Center’s Nancy Beale, MSN, BSN, RN-BC and Vice President of Clinical Systems and Integration. Nancy addresses the key components of a comprehensive communication and alarm management system including factors important for implementing technologies into nursing workflows.
Clinical Alarm Safety and Collaboration Technologies IT Leaders Can Embrace
The Engage clinical communication and collaboration middleware was purpose-built for healthcare. Designed to improve clinical workflows and reduce alarm fatigue, the unified Engage™ Mobile app manages alarm and alert notifications, and facilitates care team collaboration through secure, event-driven text messaging.
A Highly Configurable Platform
The primary difference between the Extension Engage platform and other mobile texting and alerting apps, from the perspective of a hospital IT director, is the ease in managing multiple clinical systems and medical devices from a single platform versus multiple servers, and enabling caregivers across the network to communicate using a combination of existing hospital distributed devices, pagers, and badges as well as BYOD smartphones.
Integrates with Standard Data Formats
Extension Engage is the most comprehensive communication and collaboration platform available. By utilizing standard data formats, Engage is capable of integrating with most common hospital devices and phones as well as clinical information systems and medical devices – all from a single appliance.
Experience the Extension Engage Difference
Extension Engage is the only clinical communication and collaboration solution that unifies alarms, alerts, and text messages into a single platform simplifying management of these workflows for the hospital IT department, and enhancing the experience for clinical users.
Several factors differentiate Extension Engage from other offerings:
- Advanced clinical integration: platform easily accommodates a dozen clinical systems including patient monitors, nurse call, ventilators, EHR, smart beds, and more, using standard data formats like HL7, TAP, ESPA, SIP, SMTP, and web services such as SOAP and REST
- Regulatory compliance: the only HIPAA-compliant, FDA 510k-cleared solution designed to unify alarms, alerts, and texts under a single platform
- Consolidate multiple staff assignment programs: integrate a hospital’s existing staff assignment programs into a single platform to facilitate communication and the delivery of alarms and alerts
- Largest care team and patient directory on the market: dynamic care team roster can handle up to 100,000 users, is searchable by caregiver and/or patient, and enables collaboration between caregivers across multiple specialities on the same network
- Reduce noise: eliminate overhead pagers with the only device-inclusive platform that facilitates bidirectional communication between physician-owned smartphones and hospital-owned wifi devices
- Improve user adoption: eliminate the “app belt” that compels nurses to toggle between multiple apps to retrieve information, and to communicate the right data to the right care team members
- Network testing and assurance: partnership with Cisco Advanced Services ensures wireless network is robust enough to operate at an enterprise level