Alarm Fit Webinar Part 2 Conditioning and Cross Training
Watch this one-hour event as we discuss “cross training your hospitals clinical and IT teams and provide market education that can help move your internal alarm management conversations in the right direction.
Brian McAlpine, Extension’s VP of Product Management and Marketing, presents on:
- “Clinical speak” for Techies: Helping techies understand clinical challenges and communicate more effectively with nurses
- “Techie speak” for Clinicians: Helping clinicians understand the basics of technology including communication devices and more effectively collaborate with IT and Biomed
Tim Gee, Industry Expert and Principal of Medical Connectivity, also presents on “Vendor Conditioning”. Tim maps the lay of the land as it relates to middleware messaging vendors and discuss:
- Problems that stem from clinical alarms including alarm fatigue, increased patient safety risks, non-actionable alarms/inefficient use of time
- Nurse call and patient monitors as the center of the universe
- Spot solutions vs. enterprise solutions
- Leveraging your existing Medical Device Connectivity (MDC) integrator such as Capsule or iSirona
At the end of this webinar, you will have a better understanding of clinical and technical agendas as it relates to alarm management. You will also gain awareness on how to incorporate your current clinical systems with an enterprise alarm management system for improved outcomes.