Alarm Fit Webinar Part 4 You Can Do It: Best Practices for Becoming and Staying Alarm Fit
Now that you have a better understanding of clinical alarm management, its time to develop an alarm safety strategy that works for your hospital. Join Extension as we present on best practices for implementing an advanced alarm safety management platform. Also, Vanessa Post, RN and Clinical Informaticst at Gundersen Health System, describes the deployment at her facility.
Extension Healthcare presents on the following:
- Provide guidance for selecting internal resources to design and implement your alarm strategy
- Discuss realistic timeframes for implementing your alarm strategy
- Helping you decide to hire (or not hire) a project manager
- Discuss who best to fashion nursing workflows
- Define the role of in-house wireless phones and smartphones in clinical communication and discuss how these devices can work with your existing phone systems
- Review the do’s and don’t for customizing alarms, alerts, and events for users
- Present common use cases to help you get started
- Discuss milestone and ways you can measure success in a phased approach
After attending this webinar, the last part of the 4-part series, you will have graduated from the Extension Alarm Fit program. The resources provided will help your hospital cross the finish line to TJC alarm safety compliance.