Alarm Fit Webinar Part 1 Clinical Alarms Basic Training
Watch this one-hour event led by Breana Feistel, RN, Nurse Informatics Manager of Palomar Health and Extension’s alarm management experts to learn the basics of what you need to know to get Alarm Fit and Identify goals for alarm preparedness and compliancy.
Join Palomar and Extension as we:
- Outline alarm fatigue challenges and discuss how patient monitors are only one piece of a comprehensive alarm safety solution. We will expand on why nurse call, labs, orders and other alerts cannot be ignored.
- Look at alarm fatigue (narrow scope) vs. nursing interruptions (expanded scope) and the impact each has on procedural failures.
- Define event response and learn how clinical communication begin with a patient event.
- Compare first and next-generation alarm management systems and learn about the basics of alarm management middleware, integration of disparate input and output systems, and the role of the EMR in alarm management.
- Introduce context, presence, and situation awareness and discuss how each improves clinical workflows. We will also highlight real use cases for using advanced rules, context, and presence.
- Review staff assignment best practices.
At the end of this webinar, we suggest ways your hospital can start addressing The Joint Commission’s new National Patient Safety Goal to get Alarm Fit!