How to Identify the Most Important Alarm Signals to Manage AAMI Healthcare Technology Safety Institue (HTSI) Webinar Series – Part 2
Download this 1 hour webinar that was presented by AAMI Healthcare Technology Safety Institute (HTSI) Webinar series. This second webinar helps participants to use alarm system data to identify their highest priority alarm conditions and corresponding signals. This session will help answer the following questions:
- What alarm data do you need to capture from your equipment? What equipment do you need to capture data from?
- Who can best download the data and analyze it? What can you learn from the data? What do you measure?
- How can you set a baseline metric so that you know signal frequencies and response times to them? For example, do you know the number of signals per patient per bed per day?
- How many nonactionable alarm conditions can you identify and how? What are false alarm conditions? What are technical or informational alarm conditions? What are alarms vs. alerts?
- What are your actionable alarm signals and why?
- What are your nonactionable alarm signals and why?
- How can you assess and decide who needs to hear them and why?
- How can you work with various hospital units to establish actionable vs. nonactionable alarms? ICU, PICU, Progressive Care, etc.